Installing Your Stickerz
Change directions for easier transfer material removal
Installing your stickerz can sometimes be challenging. For a video on how to best install, click on the link at right.
- First of all, it’s important that you start with a clean surface – any dust or debris will cause a bump that can’t be removed.
- Make sure the temperature of the surface is between 45 and 85° F, If it’s too hot or cold, the adhesive doesn’t work right
- Lay out first! Figure out where to line up so that your sticker goes down straight
- Get the whole sticker in place, then gently at first, rub it down, working from the center out to the edges. Once it’s smooth, get a credit card or other stiff plastic, and firmly press on it, again from center outward
- Peel off the transfer material. If it’s paper, you can spritz a little water on it and give it 30 seconds before removing
- Work slowly, especially if you have a large portrait style sticker
- Keep the transfer tape at a low angle, close to the surface, as you carefully work to remove it
- Once it’s all down, press down any spots that didn’t adhere perfectly
- Don’t worry too much about bubbles, even larger ones. Most of them dissipate on their own over time, and you actually create wrinkles if you try to force them out
- Give the sticker at least 24 hours to set up its strongest adhesive bond. The adhesive is pressure activated, but also time stabilized. So good firm pressure gives it a head start, and time finishes the job.
- Enjoy it and treat yourself to a nice refreshing beverage!
Removing a Sticker
If you need to remove it, here’s how to do it
- Use the edge of a credit card or other plastic to lift an edge
- Use a blow dryer or heat gun to soften the adhesive where possible
- Peel slowly at a low angle
- If you have a non-marring surface, such as a window, you can use Goof Off or lacquer thinner by soaking a rag or paper towel and weighting it onto the sticker. Give it one to two minutes to work, then start peeling
- Removing the residue is the hardest part. Use Goof Off if you aren’t worried about marring paint or shine. If you are, use mineral oil to soften the adhesive, and apply a little heat from your blow dryer to help lift it off.
- Wipe with a dry cloth to finish
Installing Lettering Separately
Follow the video to mark up and center correctly
Install two-part stickers easily